Sunday, September 25, 2005

Testing, testing....is this thing on?

It’s official: I’m a blogging sell-out. Not long ago I wondered, as the “Alfie” back-up singers might say, what’s it all about, this blogging? I mean, how vain could a person be? How ballsy is it to post rants, raves and useless information every day and assume people would actually be …interested?

Funny thing, the blogging. I found out I WAS pretty interested. Not only in my friends’ blogs, but in people’s blogs I’d never even met. I mean, I’m a copywriter for God’s sake. And not even a gainfully employed one. I’ve spent the last month writing about Lottery Scratch cards. I’ve spent my precious off-hours sitting on the couch of a corporate apartment watching hurricane coverage and after-midnight Bowflex infomercials. I love –L-O-V-E- that John O’ Hurley won the “Dancing With the Stars” rematch. Since when did I get so snotty about what’s interesting to read and pay attention to?

I’m from the south so sometimes I’m a little slow, but it seems this blogging thing might be a good idea for me. Maybe keep me in the practice of actually writing. I figure if only three people (outside my family) read this, think it’s even slightly amusing and pass it on to three other people, maybe they’ll pass it on. To people who need copywriters. Or to the really, REALLY powerful people – people who want to, say, send me some chocolate chip muffin tops or something so I can give a little mention on this VERY well-read blog. (Come on, I’ve got a circulation of at LEAST six people. Get in on the ground floor!)

Sure, there will be elements of the ridiculous. Re-runs for some of you of some of the same ridiculous material I’ve trotted out for the past few years. Gregory Peck and my amazing likeness to him. Latka the African security guard at Walgreen’s who asked me to have his children while I shopped for a multi-vitamin one day. How I was duped with a Yehuda diamond. “Filthy Rich Cattle Ranch”. Burritos. Juicers. I don’t know. I’m making this shit up as I go. So, pretty please, post comments. Subscribe or whatever it is this website allows you to do. Forward me. And if you’re even slightly entertained, please come back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home