Friday, September 30, 2005

Waaah Waaah: That's the Debbie Downer noise you'll make when you realize what a slacker you are too

So I’m sitting here, all a-titter about writing my blog. After trying to shamelessly promote this thing to all my friends I received nice emails back from many people telling me about their blogs and their amazing – shit, strike that I’ve banned that word -unbelievable lives. After reading their blogs (and published articles for God’s sake) and hearing about what’s going on in their lives, I decided that maybe me talking about how last night’s episode of “Lost” REALLY pissed me off (right?) seemed kind of…lame.

So allow me to introduce you to 3 superbly cool, fantastic, talented, funny, creative wonderfully wonderful dudes. I don’t know if they watched “Lost” on Wednesday but if they did, I don’t want to know because it would piss me off even more that they had TIME to watch it.

Jaime: Jaime’s a copywriter and he too is seeking full-time employment. He’s very funny and talented and he’s pretty busy as he’s read about 611, 232 books. And that’s just since I met him a little over 2 years ago. I imagine his life total is somewhere in the gajillions. He knows a lot of stuff.

Ryan: I met Ryan back in the salad days of dot com. Ryan works for American Conservatory Theater, by day as a web guy who knows a lot of complicated programs and by night as a director, actor, writer and overall theater expert (I’m sure there’s a better word, but that’s what I call him). He’s unbelievably talented. He’s also starting his own theater company in San Francisco. He’s a photographer. And he built a 6-story building all by himself in less than 4 days. (Ok, so I made that one up but I'm sure he'll email me one day telling me he built a 6-story building one weekend for the hell of it)

Steve:: I’ve known Steve for um, 23 years. (Can that even be right? I work with people younger than that) I adore him. He’s got a doctorate in psychology and theology, a mortgage, his own practice, a dog and he and his lovely wife Shelley just made FOUR BABIES AT ONCE. QUADRUPLETS. That's a lot of babies. Oh, he also has a book deal pending. And he is some sort of contributor to this online magazine thing. What a fucking slacker.

So….who wants to read about how I badly I want a dog right now instead of a baby? Anyone?

6 Comments:

Blogger Check me out: said...

funny stuff, rebecca. where are you? whattaya doin? your favorite teacher ever wants to know.

also, you should check out my blog. it's a diatribe on the socio-economic impact that papaya beans have had on southern guatemala.

5:15 PM  
Blogger Jaime Schwarz said...

First of all, I totally agree the last episode of Lost sucked because now it's getting predictable. I didn't watch much of the first season (I came in late) but I'm sensing a trend. The new shows that do well always have that problem everyone asks, where the HELL is this going? Prison break is not going to get a whole season out of this, Threshold is going to turn into the x-files if they're not careful, and I totally predicted that the son on American dad was gonna make out with his dead, fake grandpa's 90 year old friend! And no, I have no time for this stuff, I'm sooooo busy!

10:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Though I appreciate your kind words, nothing I've ever written or done has as much penache as (1) your blog, (2) your overall sense of self-possesion and charisma, (3) your globetrotting goddessness, (4) your mastery of all things in culture, both high and low and (5) the rudiness of your cheeks at Yuletide.

Sorry I don't watch Lost. I watch Battlestar Galactica, and you wouldn't think I'm a nerd if you bothered to watch it. Best show ever. I think my mother-in-law watches Lost, though.

I wanted to start a blog, but I can't do better than this. Guess all that's left is to make another baby or ten.

10:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!
I have a clancey brothers lyrics and music site.
Come and check it out if you get time :-)
Greetings.

8:08 AM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

replica watches, michael kors outlet online, polo ralph lauren outlet online, ray ban sunglasses, jordan shoes, uggs outlet, louis vuitton, louis vuitton outlet, louis vuitton, ray ban sunglasses, christian louboutin, nike free, oakley sunglasses, kate spade outlet, longchamp outlet, longchamp outlet, oakley sunglasses wholesale, burberry outlet, prada handbags, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet online, nike outlet, christian louboutin uk, longchamp outlet, gucci handbags, uggs outlet, replica watches, tiffany and co, chanel handbags, oakley sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, burberry handbags, nike air max, tiffany jewelry, uggs on sale, nike air max, michael kors outlet online, polo outlet, michael kors outlet online, louis vuitton outlet, cheap oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, ugg boots, christian louboutin outlet, tory burch outlet, louis vuitton outlet

5:32 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

swarovski crystal, louis vuitton, louis vuitton, gucci, thomas sabo, doudoune moncler, juicy couture outlet, wedding dresses, toms shoes, moncler outlet, juicy couture outlet, louis vuitton, montre pas cher, pandora uk, ugg uk, swarovski, louis vuitton, marc jacobs, moncler outlet, vans, moncler, coach outlet, ray ban, supra shoes, canada goose uk, links of london, canada goose, converse outlet, moncler, converse, canada goose, canada goose outlet, barbour, lancel, louis vuitton, moncler uk, moncler, moncler, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, barbour uk, replica watches, canada goose outlet, hollister, canada goose outlet, ugg, ugg pas cher, karen millen uk, nike air max, pandora jewelry, pandora jewelry, hollister, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, pandora charms

5:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home