Friday, October 21, 2005

7th Grade called....

...and actually it was quite refreshing to hear from him.

MetroDad, one of my blogging heroes, recently asked his readers to do one of those silly personality tests that we all roll our eyes at when we receive them in email. But I have to say, I did it and I had a grand old time reading everyone’s. Now, I’m asking all of you to do the same. PLEASE don’t make me beg (though I think all caps constitutes begging on a blog). I’ll call you out by name on this public forum if I must. Come on….it’s Friday. Even I remember what happens after 1:00 at most places on Friday. Nada. Crazy V, post your shit, girl, or I’m cutting and pasting it for you so I don’t look like an idiot as the only one with my list of 7’s on here. Follow the categories, add new if you want (Crazy V added “favorite foods to eat on the couch”).

One semi-quick note after much hullabaloo to a few of the ladies on “Why Colin Firth”: Colin = Darcy (William or Mark, whomever’s your pleasure - mine is both). Darcy = Chivalrous. Perhaps Helen Fielding (or her screenplay writer) summed it up best in “Bridget Jones” with this quote:

Bridget: Wait a minute, nice boys don’t kiss like that.
Mark Darcy: Oh yes they fucking do.
Mouth. Still. Watering.

Now, get to answering, people!

7 things I want to do before I die:
1. Live in London again.
2. Travel to Ireland with my mom and brothers
3. Go to the Final Four and/or score a ticket to the last Kentucky home basketball game of any regular season
4. Write something funny that the whole world rushes to read. That’s not a blog. And not an ad.
5. Own a house with either a big front porch, a screened in porch or both.
6. Travel to (in no particular order) Spain, Australia, New Zealand, Scotland, Prague, Africa, Croatia, Greece. Alright, I’ll go anywhere.
7. Fall completely, madly, hopelessly, ridiculously, look-like-a big-fucking-idiot in love.

7 Things I Cannot Do:
1. Give up salsa or any spicy food.
2. Cartwheels. Round-offs. Back-handsprings. And God knows I tried.
3. Crossword puzzles (no patience)
4. Snow ski.
5. Draw.
6. Math. Of any kind.
7. The Electric Slide. (I know, but after the 634,311 weddings I’ve been to, I feel like a jackass asking someone to slow it down for a tutorial)

7 Things I say most often:
1. Hello my little: lamb, nugget, petal, love muffin, biscuit, flower, ray of sunshine
2. Whore. (it can be an insult AND a term of endearment in my world)
3. Fuck. (I know, so unladylike. But I can’t stop)
4. Let’s grab a coffee/a drink
5. Are they hiring?
6. Call me after 9 or this weekend, I’m almost out of minutes.
7. That's ridic. (or ri-fucking-diculous,)

7 things that attract me to the opposite sex (yes, I’ve cheated and doubled up to keep it at 7)
1. Quick witted funny types.
2. Intelligence.
3. Creative dudes. Somehow. Someway. Bracelets out of grass blades. I don’t care.
4. A sexy voice and/or eyes that can switch from sweet to “I’m about to tell you a dirty joke”
5. An easy smiler/genuine gut laugher
6. Tall. Chivalrous.
7. Wants to meet/appreciates my friends. Cause they’re hi-fucking-larious.

7 celebrity crushes (is that all I get??)
1. Colin Firth (Mouth. Is. Watering.)
2. George Clooney (that smile just screams “oh yeah, we’re SO gonna do it”)
3. Cillian Murphy (loved that f-ed up hair in 28 days Later)
4. Gwyneth/Kate Winslet/Tina Fey/ (my non-sexual girl crushes)
5. Matthew Fox. (With the 5 o’clock shadow.)
6. The Owen Brothers.
7. Chris Martin. (Make fun of me all you want, but those soulful words just slay me.)
7.5 - Zach Braff, though I fear he is a wee bit of a man and that I would break him in half if we were to ever roll around in bed together.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loved every single answer, RBrown...except the Matthew Fox choice. That one seems kind of out there. Does this have to do with some sort of weird obsession you had with "Party of Five?" C'mon. It's ok. You can tell me.

1:24 PM  
Blogger gina said...

You are fucking brilliant. And my new girl crush! Fabuluous!

1:52 PM  
Blogger Single, Party of One said...

Another posting from "Sam"...dearest love, please see what I've added to the list of "things you cannot do" btw. :)

7 things I want to do before I die:
Win the lottery
Quit my job
Travel the world and be on all continents before 40
Take my friends with me
Pay for us all
Forget all our cares
Live happily ever after

7 Things I cannot do:
Get crabs
Stop drinking wine
Stay focused
Hold a job
Move from SF
Win the lottery
Come up with another answer
FIGURE OUT HOW TO POST ON REBECCA'S BLOG

7 Things I say most often:
mmmmkkkaaayyy
Jackass
I know you are but what am I?
Stop it. Go on.
Right after monkeys fly out my ass
Handy as a pocket on a shirt
Sporty as socks on a rooster

7 thingsthat attract me to the opposite sex:
NA - see below

7 celebrity crushes:
any Calvin Klein model
Nick (formerly of Nick and Jessica)
Pee Wee Herman (makes me laugh and shows what he represents)
Anderson Cooper (on my Team)
Kenny Chesney (I told you so)
Big Bird (what a beak on that one)
George Michael (yes he could still be my father figure)

4:08 PM  
Blogger Single, Party of One said...

oh my gosh! i've never been someone's girl crush before! thank you, shopping diva...i just blushed!

4:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

fuck! OHMUGOD John Cusak... I just knocked Gyllenhall off my list. I LOVE Cusak. What was I thinking?

RB, as much as you know i love and adore talking about myself, i'm not gonna bring in my seven again... but you can all see them at (shameless self-promotion) crazyvirgo.typepad.com

but maybe we should have an entire blog dedicated to Mr./Mark Darcy. pull off that codpiece and get in here...

10:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Before I die
1) Novel published
2) Nonfiction book published
3) A night of drinking with Bono
4) Go to Ireland for at least a month.
5) See my alma mater's basketball team win the NCAA
6) Run marathon #6
7) Travel to Japan OR own the entire collection of 7 jeans

Things I cannot do
1) Draw
2) Geometry
3) Repair my car beyond the basic tire change type of stuff
4) Stomach reality television for a second longer
5) Play the drums
6) Go to bed early
7) Drink Gin

Said most often:
1) I love you (to my wife and kids)
2) Fuck (to anyone except people at work and my kids)
3) You gotta be kiddin' me
4) Nice work
5) Dude
6) Most anything sarcastic (e.g., "How's that working for ya'?"
7) Ridiculous

I've just realized I sound dumb and banal.

Opposite Sex
1) Eyes
2) Boobs
3) Hair
4) Intelligence
5) Sense of humor (sharp, somewhat dry, intelligent, and a bit bizarre)
6) Spiritual and emotional depth
7) Ass

Not necessarily in that order . . . actually, yeah, in that order.

7 Celebrity crushes

Most celebrities are too damn thin (see #2 above).
1) Grace Park
2) Erica Durance
3) Naomi Watts
4) Ashley Judd
5) Gwyneth Paltrow (I like her voice)
6) Tina Fey (smart, funny, cute enough)
7) Tie -The lead singer for the Distillers and the lead singer for the Donnas

Oh, and Harriet Miers. Hot, hot, hot.

2:21 AM  
Blogger Check me out: said...

hey sarah. i'm gonna be lazy and copy-and-paste this on your blog too.

7 things I want to do before I die:.
1. play basketball at a very high level again.
2. end the game with a dunk.
3. win an academy award.
4. run a marathon in every state.
5. keep on breathing successfully.
6. flog all the junk-mailers that hits my blog.
7. find someone worthwhile who'll tolerate me.


7 Things I Cannot Do:
1. not be a part of my nephew's life.
2. spend a day where nothing is accomplished.
3. never see a concert again.
4. take shit from the man.
5. apologize for something i believe in.
6. regret something i did.
7. finish this list.


7 Things I say most often:
1. if you're gonna crap the bed, you might as well have nice sheets.
2. my man.
3. no worries.
4. what the fuck?
5. this is the worst new york giants defense i've seen in my 31 years.
6. women suck.
7. women suck royally.

7 things that attract me to the opposite sex
1. thoughtfulness.
2. unflakiness.
3. honesty.
4. consideration.
5. that's all i need.

7 celebrity crushes (is that all I get??)
1. tina fey.
2. ashley judd.
3. amy poehler.
4. kate winslet, especially as "clementine" in "eternal sunshine of the spotless mind"
5. the receptionist on the american office.
6. angelina jolie, because i actually think she's about as deep as she is beautiful.
7. dolly parton.

9:25 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

replica watches, michael kors outlet online, polo ralph lauren outlet online, ray ban sunglasses, jordan shoes, uggs outlet, louis vuitton, louis vuitton outlet, louis vuitton, ray ban sunglasses, christian louboutin, nike free, oakley sunglasses, kate spade outlet, longchamp outlet, longchamp outlet, oakley sunglasses wholesale, burberry outlet, prada handbags, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet online, nike outlet, christian louboutin uk, longchamp outlet, gucci handbags, uggs outlet, replica watches, tiffany and co, chanel handbags, oakley sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, burberry handbags, nike air max, tiffany jewelry, uggs on sale, nike air max, michael kors outlet online, polo outlet, michael kors outlet online, louis vuitton outlet, cheap oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, ugg boots, christian louboutin outlet, tory burch outlet, louis vuitton outlet

5:33 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

louboutin pas cher, nike roshe, polo lacoste, sac vanessa bruno, north face, replica handbags, jordan pas cher, true religion jeans, nike blazer pas cher, timberland pas cher, true religion outlet, michael kors outlet, nike free uk, michael kors, true religion outlet, ralph lauren uk, coach outlet, hollister pas cher, north face uk, ray ban pas cher, burberry pas cher, lululemon canada, nike air force, longchamp pas cher, polo ralph lauren, nike roshe run uk, coach purses, sac hermes, oakley pas cher, guess pas cher, vans pas cher, air max, nike free run, new balance, sac longchamp pas cher, abercrombie and fitch uk, mulberry uk, converse pas cher, nike air max, nike tn, coach outlet store online, hogan outlet, nike air max uk, michael kors, nike air max uk, michael kors pas cher, hollister uk, true religion outlet, ray ban uk, kate spade

5:35 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

north face outlet, iphone 5s cases, north face outlet, louboutin, mont blanc pens, p90x workout, nike trainers uk, soccer shoes, asics running shoes, jimmy choo outlet, ghd hair, soccer jerseys, nike air max, iphone 6s plus cases, hollister clothing, baseball bats, iphone 6s cases, iphone cases, bottega veneta, hollister, ralph lauren, nike roshe run, babyliss, valentino shoes, insanity workout, mcm handbags, instyler, mac cosmetics, chi flat iron, ferragamo shoes, giuseppe zanotti outlet, abercrombie and fitch, nfl jerseys, lululemon, oakley, iphone 6 plus cases, timberland boots, new balance shoes, nike huaraches, ipad cases, beats by dre, vans outlet, s6 case, iphone 6 cases, reebok outlet, celine handbags, hermes belt, herve leger, wedding dresses, longchamp uk

5:37 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

swarovski crystal, louis vuitton, louis vuitton, gucci, thomas sabo, doudoune moncler, juicy couture outlet, wedding dresses, toms shoes, moncler outlet, juicy couture outlet, louis vuitton, montre pas cher, pandora uk, ugg uk, swarovski, louis vuitton, marc jacobs, moncler outlet, vans, moncler, coach outlet, ray ban, supra shoes, canada goose uk, links of london, canada goose, converse outlet, moncler, converse, canada goose, canada goose outlet, barbour, lancel, louis vuitton, moncler uk, moncler, moncler, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, barbour uk, replica watches, canada goose outlet, hollister, canada goose outlet, ugg, ugg pas cher, karen millen uk, nike air max, pandora jewelry, pandora jewelry, hollister, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, pandora charms

5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home