Tuesday, October 25, 2005

The hot girl in this picture wants you to cheer for the Astros

Anyone who knows me understands that in order to truly be my friend, it's probably not a good idea to mock my teams. For those of you who don't know me, allow me to briefly acquaint you with my allegiances:

1) Kentucky basketball.
2) Giants baseball.
3) Game by game allegiance for any team playing Duke in basketball.
4) Game by game allegiance for any team playing any team coached by Steve Spurrier.

There's one last category which brings me to the reason for my post today:

5) Game or Series allegiance for any team that a friend asks me to support UNLESS of course, said team is playing any of the teams listed above.

Such is the case for this World Series. My friend Dayna recently asked me to support her beloved Houston Astros in the World Series. This was a no-brainer since Dayna pretty much saved my sorry unemployed ass and allowed me to live with her for 3 months this summer. And truthfully, if I had to make the decision on my own I NEVER would have chosen the White Sox. I have some sort of allegiance (possibly pity?) for the Cubs (helloo...1907 or whenever the hell it was) since I was lucky enough to be at Wrigley Field the day the lights went on (8/8/88 for those who keep track of that sort of thing). Yes, guys this is the logic girls use to form their sporting opinions when they have no vested interest or real information on either team. Sad, but true.

Anyway, I'm from Kentucky so I know a tiny bit about picking my horses. And my gut tells me that the mojo is definitely flowing in my girl Dayna's teams' direction, at least for baseball and college football. Dayna's also a UT grad and they just passed USC in the BCS polls. So Dayna - and her teams - well, I guess you could say they're my horses. (Sorry, D... I mean that in the most complimentary way).

Welcome to the point of all this. I don't take my allegiances lightly - even the temporary ones. And I'm highly superstitious. (I was traveling in 1997 during the Final Four and didn't pack my lucky Kentucky t-shirt. To this day, I still blame myself for that loss.) Apparently, the Mayor of Houston has asked everyone not to wear socks. Although this seems a little contrived I'm gonna do it. And I'm asking all of you to do it too. Come on, how hard is it to restructure your footwear choices for the next week? Flip flops? Boots? Or at the very least, if you could give a rat's ass who wins the World Series but you just really would like to have an opinion to make watching it more fun, could you please give the Astros a little of your love? That's all I'm asking. Do it for Dayna. You wouldn't turn down a smiley southern girl holding a margarita would you??

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there, here via crazyvirgo. Socks off to you! You're a good friend. Since you aren't supporting anything anti-Jeremy Piven...I'll get on board sister...no socks 'till series win!

11:25 AM  
Blogger Single, Party of One said...

I'm all about the cause...Thanks for helpin' a sister out, Heidi!

11:30 AM  
Blogger gina said...

Alright! No socks for me. Honestly I would forgo my shirt if you asked Ms. RBrown! And my pants if I had a couple of margaritas.

12:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let me see if I've got this right. You love Kentucky basketball. You hate Duke AND Steve Spurrier. Hmm...I tihnk I love you. I'm a Mets fan but I think we could make this work. Just don't tell my wife.

Shit...Kentucky basketball reminds me that I left Ashley Judd off my celebrity crush list. Crap. Gonna have to knock off Colin Firth. Oh whoops. Let the cat out of the bag. Just kidding.

Go 'Stros!

5:29 PM  
Blogger Single, Party of One said...

Shit! I forgot her on mine too. She may very well out-crush all my other girl-crushes because that girl is just not afraid to look like a complete ASS at Ky games. And I just do it naturally (look like an ass). So we're a perfect fit.

Mud wrestle you for her?

6:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahsley judd makes me want to hurl. i want a voodoo doll of her. she's the WORST actress of our generation. if there's one thing you can count on with every kentucky basketball game coverage it's a sweet hoemtown girl shot of Ashley Judd, poneytail and all, in her Kentucky t-shirt shaking her blue pom pon. i loathe the young judd and much as sandra bullock.
but, you also know that i love you R.BRown, so, socks OFF.
(and MD, i'm surprised...JUDD? Really?)

6:34 PM  
Blogger Jaime Schwarz said...

So it's 1:30 in the morning and we're going into the top of the 13th. Aside from the fact that 13's my lucky number... come on! It's 1 freakin 30! My socks are off cause it's 1:30 but I'm sorry my cousin's are white sox fans. I've been looking for them on the TV. Next time honey. Oh yeah, and I'm with Virgo on Ms. Judd. Unless of course she actually sat next to me, then all bets are off.

10:28 PM  
Blogger Jaime Schwarz said...

7-5 middle of the 14th, 2:09 AM, can I go to bed now?

11:09 PM  
Blogger Jaime Schwarz said...

2:21 AM Finally!

11:21 PM  
Blogger Single, Party of One said...

OH FOR FUCKS SAKE,PEOPLE!!!!

11:45 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

replica watches, michael kors outlet online, polo ralph lauren outlet online, ray ban sunglasses, jordan shoes, uggs outlet, louis vuitton, louis vuitton outlet, louis vuitton, ray ban sunglasses, christian louboutin, nike free, oakley sunglasses, kate spade outlet, longchamp outlet, longchamp outlet, oakley sunglasses wholesale, burberry outlet, prada handbags, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet online, nike outlet, christian louboutin uk, longchamp outlet, gucci handbags, uggs outlet, replica watches, tiffany and co, chanel handbags, oakley sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, burberry handbags, nike air max, tiffany jewelry, uggs on sale, nike air max, michael kors outlet online, polo outlet, michael kors outlet online, louis vuitton outlet, cheap oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, ugg boots, christian louboutin outlet, tory burch outlet, louis vuitton outlet

5:33 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

swarovski crystal, louis vuitton, louis vuitton, gucci, thomas sabo, doudoune moncler, juicy couture outlet, wedding dresses, toms shoes, moncler outlet, juicy couture outlet, louis vuitton, montre pas cher, pandora uk, ugg uk, swarovski, louis vuitton, marc jacobs, moncler outlet, vans, moncler, coach outlet, ray ban, supra shoes, canada goose uk, links of london, canada goose, converse outlet, moncler, converse, canada goose, canada goose outlet, barbour, lancel, louis vuitton, moncler uk, moncler, moncler, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, barbour uk, replica watches, canada goose outlet, hollister, canada goose outlet, ugg, ugg pas cher, karen millen uk, nike air max, pandora jewelry, pandora jewelry, hollister, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, pandora charms

5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home